Super strategies for PTE Listening: PTE write from dictation:
- Take a deep breadth in 7 seconds before playing the next audio for “PTE write from dictation” task.
- Pay complete attention to the audio and try to get it correctly as it would definitely improve your score.
- Check all your spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Don’t miss endings such as “-ed”, on post verb forms, “-ly” on adverbs or “-s” for plurals.
- While listening, try to remember the phrases of the words and try to get the meaning of it so that you would easily recollect the phrases.
- Don’t type and listen at the same time as it is not going to work out and you need full attention to listening.
- First, you listen for “PTE write from dictation” and absorb the meaning and phrases. You may quickly write or type directly after you have heard the complete sentence. After fully typing, fix the grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors.
- The first letter should be capital and full stop should be typed at the end.
- The sentences are mostly 3 phrases of sentences or short sentences.
- When you write the sentence, write the words that you hear and do not paraphrase them. You will gain marks for each correct word spelled correctly.
Scoring guide for Listening: PTE Write from dictation:
Skills Assessed: Listening & Writing
>> 1 = Each correct word spelled correctly
>> 0 = Each incorrect or misspelled word
Task Type details:
- Candidates have to write a sentence that they would hear only once in a recording that lasts 3 to 5 seconds
- How many?: 3-4
- Preparation time before answering: 7 seconds
You may also like: PTE Summarize spoken text