PTE Speaking Section Details in Brief
In this post, we will see PTE Speaking section details and different task that can appear in speaking section.
PTE Speaking section: (30-35 minutes)
- Speaking is the first part of the PTE test. This part checks for your ability to produce spoken and written English in an academic environment.
- Each recording is played only once.
- Use the erasable notebook and pen for taking notes and answer the tasks using your notes.
- You may click “Next” once you are done with your task.
- Speaking task types are not timed individually.
- You can refer to the times at the upper right corner of the computer screen.
The below table shows all the tasks along with their description and time that can appear in PTE Speaking section
|Task Type||Task Description||Number of tasks||Skills assessed||Text / recoding length||Time to answer|
|Read aloud||Read the text aloud into your microphone.||6-7||reading & speaking||text up to 60 words||depends on the length of the text|
|Repeat sentence||After listening to a sentence, repeat the sentence into your microphone.||10-12||listening & speaking||3-9 seconds||15 seconds|
|Describe image||Describe the image in detail into your microphone.||6-7||speaking||-||40 seconds|
|Re-tell lecture||After listening to or watching a lecture, re-tell the lecture in your own words into your microphone.||3-4||listening & speaking||up to 90 seconds||40 seconds|
|Answer short question||After listening to a question, answer with a single word or a few words into your microphone.||10-12||listening & speaking||3-9 seconds||10 seconds|
You may also like: